Finally the release I wanted to finish for the last couple of weeks. This contains some improvements meant to give Ryzen owners some more game performance as well as intelligently dealing with SMT in both Intel and Ryzen processors
– Implemented AutoSMT (beta)
– Implemented “NO CCX Switching” feature for Ryzen™ processors
– Temporarily Fixed Affinity inherit issue
– “Disable CoreParking” is now on as default
– “Windows FastReact” is now on as default
– Default icon click action is now “Settings” instead of “Pause”
– Optimized some IF settings for minuscule reduced CPU usage
– Optimized exit procedure for faster exit
– Changed prev Core Parking fix to not use temp file
I had to go back to restore full affinity to a progam when leaving it to deal with the affinity inherit issue. I am working towards making the program more simple and easier for none-geeks to get the full benefits of Project Mercury, which is why some features are now enabled as default.
More automatic stuff will come in the next couple of releases, as well as a Project Mercury Pro branch, that offers more advanced configurations (per process settings).