A new beta is up for donators.
– Implemented reduce I/O priority on minimize
– Fixed a small affinity math error for many cores (>16)
– Made WinReactFast a bit more conservative
Currently I am working on some improvements to WinReactFast as well as some possible CPU usage optimizations
I have upgrade the download speed for local downloads and donators.
The total capacity is roughly 20 times bigger now and the speed limitations for a single download has been increased to 3 times as much
Next up is improving the site layout and put up some more explanation about the different projects here.
Over the weekend there has been a semi successful intrusion attempt, on my file server. They should not have gotten access to modify the downloadable files, but for extra precaution i advise anyone to delete any files downloaded from the site over sat/sun( 4/29-4/30) and re-download them.
I advice to scan with you defaults Antivirus scanners, alternatively Dr Web’s Free Cure-it can be used (or even use as extra scanner). https://free.drweb.com/download+cureit+free/
They did however get access to two of my desktops systems that due to the strong experimental nature runs in full admin mode (Which is not optimal from a security point, so don’t do like I do).
I am sorry for any inconvenience.
I have received several reports about Project Mercury getting detected as malware by Microsoft Defender. I have informed Microsoft about he false detection and provided them with a sample. Hopefully this should be corrected soon.
I have also received a report about the new AutoSMT feature degrades performance in certain games. I am currently investigating into this as well. The games reported so far has only been
Finally the release I wanted to finish for the last couple of weeks. This contains some improvements meant to give Ryzen owners some more game performance as well as intelligently dealing with SMT in both Intel and Ryzen processors
– Implemented AutoSMT (beta)
– Implemented “NO CCX Switching” feature for Ryzen™ processors
– Temporarily Fixed Affinity inherit issue
– “Disable CoreParking” is now on as default
– “Windows FastReact” is now on as default
– Default icon click action is now “Settings” instead of “Pause”
– Optimized some IF settings for minuscule reduced CPU usage
– Optimized exit procedure for faster exit
– Changed prev Core Parking fix to not use temp file
I had to go back to restore full affinity to a progam when leaving it to deal with the affinity inherit issue. I am working towards making the program more simple and easier for none-geeks to get the full benefits of Project Mercury, which is why some features are now enabled as default.
More automatic stuff will come in the next couple of releases, as well as a Project Mercury Pro branch, that offers more advanced configurations (per process settings).
Some more bug fixing. These bugs were discovered while experimenting with new AMD Ryzen specific feature.
– Fixed “Disable Core Parking” not restoring previous core parking settings
– Renamed “No Hyper-Threading conflicts” to “No SMT conflicts”
– Reduced CPU usage for “Multicore optimizations” features
– Balloon tip now shows what the increased CPU priority is
– Fixed a bug where priority would not be restored when minimizing program
The most important is the wrong restoration of Core park settings. Previous version would no save the system core park settings and instead just enable core parking at exit again. The new version correctly detect the current core parking setting when disabling it, and restore it correctly to previous state when closing down.
AMD Ryzen feature is working in theory, but I have yet to receive enough feedback and test result to put it into public release yet. I have asked AMD for a test kitt but I am not holding my breath for it.
If anyone have a AMD Ryzen CPU and wants to run some benchmark for me, let me know through the contacts page or the forum.
This is just a minor release. I wanted to have more done for this version, but sadly to many side projects took my time, and some of the new features is a bit more challenging than anticipated.
– Changed Donations nag to be less obstructive
– Changed Donations Link
The new donations nag only show once a time. No more getting multiple nag screening a row, nor will there be a nag screen on startup anymore. On the other hand now it will show any time you exit the setting Window. I hope this will make the it less obnoxious for people that are using the advanced features, as well as more being more visible for more users. Users that doe not use any of the extra setting will not see the nag screen.